Monday, February 4, 2008

Who Needs A Rotation!

I don't know why I bothered making a stitching rotation if I'm not going to go by it. I don't like being tied down to such a schedule. I'm a moody stitcher. I just might not want to stitch on the gingerbread houses on Thursday. I thought it would help me finish started projects and not get side-tracked on something new and exciting. No such luck. Especially smaller quick projects. I really like to finish what I start before moving on, so this business of having several projects going at once is new for me. But I do like having choices for my moods.

This is also a "firsts" update. This weekend I designed my first piece, stitched it and then made it into a biscornu fob. My first biscornu and my first fob. Thought I would just knock it out all at once. It really came out of neccessity. I needed a pincushion. And I couldn't find a freebie design the size I wanted , so I just designed it myself. I think it turned out really cute. I used some of the floss my friend Jennifer gave me for Christmas and some Silkweaver fabric. I still have to put the cord on. I plan to attach a string of beads and lobster clasp to attach to the scissors. I had to run to Michaels last night for a bead emergency. I'm not sure what I'll do with this one. I thought about giving it to my friend for her birthday coming up, but I don't know. I want to make some more.




I have stitched quite a bit since my last post, but they are all big projects so no finishes except the fob. Here are some progress pics.








I got really frustrated with the gingerbread houses. I messed up big time and didn't realize it until much later. I have to rip quite a bit out, so I just put it aside for several days. I'm so close to finishing though.
Thanks for stopping by and for the comments I have recieved. Love it.

Have a great day!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am so impressed! The biscornu is great. And you didn't even mention it at Bunko, last night.

Mylene said...

Your first biscornu turned out great. Well done!
Progress are looking good but sorry about the frogging.
Have a nice week.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your little design turned out great!!! Well done!

Your wips look lovely. Sorry to hear you've had a case of the frogs that's a pain!