Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's been a while. I haven't had time to post or read other blogs. I've been too busy stitching up a storm. I'll catch up with everyone soon, though. We woke up this morning to a terrible storm- thunder not snow- and the sound of fire trucks in our neighborhood. Lightening struck a tree by a house on the backside of the neighborhood and the house burned down. Please pray for this family. I'm not even sure of their name. But they have nothing left. It really puts a lot of things into perspective. I'm worried about what I will stitch next and they are now worried about where they will sleep tonight. We take so much for granted.

I finished the gingerbread houses and got one put together. Not the easiest thing I've ever done. A little more complicated than I would like. Made lots of progress on the Smiley Face square for my Cole's quilt project. Should finish that up in the next couple of days. I gave my first biscornu fob to my friend Jen for her birthday. She loved it and is already using it.


Check out my new stash. Our local shop owner went to market last weekend and brought back all kinds of cool stuff. We are very fortunate to have her. She let Jennifer and I plunder all we wanted. Check all the new stuff at her website. My favorites are the Nora Corbett Reindeer. I can't wait to start these. I have to find just the right fabric though. They don't seem like they will be that difficult.

Most of what I got was from Raise the Roof Designs. Our local shop owner is one of the designers. Pretty neat. Their stuff is a little off the wall, but funny. Their newest design is their take on all the village samplers that are popular right now. It's called the "Wrong Side of the Tracks." It will have a tattoo shop, bikini waxing, and a bail bonds shop. Too funny. Had to have it.
Going to Bridget's today for "Stitching and a Movie." Fun,fun,fun.

1 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

That gingerbread house is different... not to my tastes but well done!

Funny there's nothing from Nashville that stands out to me this year.