Thursday, February 28, 2008

Winter Love

"Winter Love" by Sam Sarah Design Studio
JCS Ornamnent Issue 2007

Another quick stitching finish. Although it seems to take me longer to finish things into pinkeeps, ornaments or whatever than to actually stitch the piece. Maybe I should have taken my mothers advice and taken home ec in high school instead of shop. Every time I call to ask her about sewing or a recipe she always reminds me I wouldn't need to ask if I had only taken home ec. Oh well. I think that's what mothers are for :) I think I do ok figuring it out as I go. I like to wing it.

I think this turned out super cute. I changed most all the colors, but kept the same color scheme. I added a beaded tassel that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby and a little cording I made and it's good to go. I hope to keep with my goal of doing an ornament a month. So far so good, but it is only February. We'll see.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.
Lisha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really cute.

Mylene said...

I Love it! It turned out great.

Jen said...

Wow!!! I love it, Lisha. You did a fabulous job. The cording looks great, the tassel is perfect and I love the snowman fabric. I am very impressed.

Lynn said...

Lisha I absolutely love this! It's just too cute! Your choice of fabric is super and everything came together so nicely. I've yet to try any finishing like this other than a cube finish. I've done one flatfold but had help for that. Sooner or later I'll brave things and give it a try!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You did a great job with the finishing, ti looks fantastic!

Barb said...

Cute Pinup. Great job on it.