Friday, July 18, 2008

Finally Finished




I finally finished making my frame for Santa Sleigh Ride. It took forever. I had so much trouble with my router and getting smooth and even. But it finally came out ok in the end. The second picture shows the color of the frame better. I'm leaving it hanging in my craft room year round.

More progress on Tigerlily. Almost done. I only have her wings left. I had to stitch fast to catch up with Jen. Isn't she pretty? I should finish her this weekend. Then start on a frame for this too. Maybe it will be less trouble this time.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by and all the nice comments. Love to here from you. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow, you've made incredible progress. I'm not that fast a stitcher. I also don't think I'd have the patience for the work required on your frame. It is lovely though. I love the colour of it!

Ginnie said...

Both projects look lovely. I'm glad your keeping your Santa picture up all year round it is too nice to put away.

Jen said...

Santa looks great. The frame is wonderful. I am so impressed with your woodcrafting. Catch me if you can on Tigerlily!!

TMA said...

I like both pieces and am impressedw ith your woodworking. Again, I know next to nothing about the sticthing community and such but how come so much of it seems to be for Christmas? I like them, though, especially the sparkly aspect of this sleigh ride. What exactly will you do with Tiger Lily when she is done?