Monday, June 16, 2008

TigerLily Progress

Just a quick post to show my progress on TigerLily. She so pretty and stitching up so fast. Hey Jen, how is yours coming?


I also finished my first needlebook. It turned out ok despite my lack of sewing skill. Everytime I use the sewing machine, I am reminded how far from a semtress I am. It took 3 or 4 tries to get this thing right. First, I forgot to put the ribbon in. Then I ripped out the wrong side for the ribbon, had to rip the other. Then I stitched all the way around, leaving no hole to turn it. Then I ripped a little out of one side and started turning then realized I put the ribbon in wrong. The loop was on the inside. Sooo, had to rip that side out again and redo the ribbon. I have to make a lot of mistakes before I learn from them. But alas the finished piece looks pretty good. Good enough for me anyway.

3 comments:

Mylene said...

Very good progress on TigerLily.

The needlebook turned out pretty well.

Lynn said...

It looks great! I so far from being a seamstress that I can't even use a sewing machine. Last time I touched one was in high school so I'm stuck sewing anything by hand.

Jen said...

OK, you are in the lead right now. I will work on Tigerlily some tonight and catch up.

The needlebook looks wonderful. That was the perfect pattern and fabric.